


I have put the finishing touches on the striped kimono I posted about earlier. I went with the crocheted ties. I put them on in such a way that you could tie the sweater shut in two different places. I also made another kimono that I knit using Bernat's Cotton tots in pure white. I knit it completely by the book and was really surprised what a difference in size it is from the other. The white one looks perfect for a newborn and I have tried the striped one on a nine month old for a perfect fit. I wanted the white one to have a little something more so I used a pattern stitch throughout the knitting to give it a texture and a couple of dog buttons for closing. The modifications that I made for the larger size kimono were to start with 50 stitches instead of 40 and in places where you knit for 4" I knit for 5". Other than that it was just a matter of making sure that you ended the different pieces so that they match the other side.
3 comments:
Hi! I found your blog from the MDK Knitalong. I love your blue and white kimono with the garter-stitch border and arms. I think I'm going to try that for my first kimono.
Oh, these little kimonos are so absolutely cute, what a great job you did with knitting them up! I especially love the striped one - but both are great! The little recipient will love them, that's for sure!
OMG They are adorable!!! Great Job!
Post a Comment